October 29, 2008

Shopping in Prague

Last weekend I went to Prague. I was very excited about the shopping and vintage stores I would encounter. Let’s just say I was very disappointed in what I saw. We walked allover the city and I could not find any area or store that had cute, unique and special Czech items. 

Finally on Sunday just walking by a market I saw La Femme MiMi. It was what I was looking for all weekend. Check out the web site at www.lafemmemimi.cz

Inside view of the wallet-silk lining with embroidery 
The outside of the wallet- all hand made and embroiderd. I will use it as a clutch way to funky to be in a purse. 

Then on our way back to the hotel to get our luggage we just walked in to a china shop and discover they had a small case of jewelry. I again was in heaven knowing that these were hand made treasures from Prague.

Foxy getting in the way of my photography 
Glass black beads sewn together on a double chain. 
the refelction shows a blue purplish tint but they are not like that - just black with no other colors. 

1 comment:

Kate G said...

I agree with you about being disappointed with the shopping in Prague. All I brought home was a Franz Kafka coffee mug (only because I love literary souvenirs).